Hello Mustang Family!
Welcome to Maie Ellis, home of the Mustangs! My name is Dr. Alex Gonzalez, and it is with great pride and excitement that I welcome you to what will be another amazing school year at Maie Ellis.
Maie Ellis continues to thrive academically! This school year, we are focused on continuing the legacy of success established at Maie Ellis by strengthening relationships with students, staff, parents, and the larger community.
This year we will vigorously focus on the following initiatives:
- Developing and strengthening leadership skills through the Leader in Me program
- Using Thrively to tap into students’ strengths and interests
- Focusing on language acquisition (Spanish and English), integration of subjects, and differentiation of instruction to better support students’ needs
- Parent workshops strategically designed to inform parents of ongoing assessments and best practices to support students at home
- Parent engagement opportunities to increase parent participation at all levels
- Supporting students’ social and emotional needs through on-going classroom lessons, small group activities, and one-on-one support provided by our school counselor
- A safe and welcoming environment
- Evaluation of data to inform decision-making
All of us at Maie Ellis believe that with parent support, we can accomplish what we have planned to do and more. We anticipate a successful year as we support students’ academic, social, and emotional growth.
As has been the case, my door is always open, and I welcome your input. Please feel free to stop in or call to make an appointment to discuss any concerns, suggestions, or ideas to help make this the BEST school in San Diego!
I look forward to working with you and your child, and let’s make 2019-2020 school year the best year ever!
Dr. Alex Gonzalez